Before the railroad, West Windham was a sleepy corner of town. With the arrival of the Nashua & Rochester Railroad in 1874, the village prospered with the construction of a public hall, store, and post office. Originally called West Windham, the station was renamed Anderson on June 21, 1909. The renaming was done to avoid confusion with travelers with the nearby station Windham at the junction of the Manchester & Lawrence Branch.
The station was closed on July 10, 1925, and passengers wishing to ride the train purchased their tickets with the conductor. Passenger service ceased on the Nashua & Rochester line on March 3, 1934, which had traditionally been provided by a single gas-electric motorcar. Freight service had ceased on this portion of the line earlier in 1932. The line was abandoned and tracks removed in 1935.
The station remained in use as a private residence after the railroad had left. Unfortunately, it was torn down in 1999.
Crouch, H. Bentley. "The "Phantom" Division" B&M Bulletin, Summer 1979.
Dinsmore, Bradford R. "West Windham." In Windham. Charleston, SC. Arcadia Publishing, 2003. 69-80.
Hoisington, Richard A. "Windham... Change for Lawrence and Boston!" B&M Bulletin, Winter 1976-1977.
LaPointe, Gary. "Rockingham County." Railroad Stations in New Hampshire. January 1, 2014. http://www.lightlink.com/sglap3/newhampshire/rockinghamco.html